ECU Health is committed to providing comprehensive heart and vascular care to the people of eastern North Carolina. Our network of care includes internationally recognized physicians and the most up-to-date technologies and advanced care services.
We treat your heart "with heart" – and with passion – because we know it's the center of who you are as a person. And we start at the beginning, with a strong focus on education, prevention and screenings. If there is a problem, we offer a precise diagnosis and timely interventions.
ECU Health provides expert care, whether you need help managing a chronic disease like high blood pressure or life-saving treatment in an emergency. If you’re recovering from a heart attack or related condition or surgery, we also offer a comprehensive cardiovascular rehabilitation program at multiple locations throughout the region.
Each of our hospitals offers heart health services, and ECU Health Heart & Vascular Care physician practices are conveniently located in Ahoskie, Edenton, Greenville, Kenansville, Kinston, Richlands, Roanoke Rapids, Snow Hill, Tarboro, Washington and Wilson. ECU Health is also proud to be part of innovative partnerships that have brought specialized heart services to Rocky Mount, Kinston and neighboring communities.
Why ECU Health Heart & Vascular Care?
- We provide expert care for heart disease. ECU Health physicians, surgeons and other providers undergo years of advanced training and are experienced in treating both routine and complex conditions, and everything in between. We treat adults and children, so everyone in your family is covered right here close to home.
- We offer a full range of treatment options. From disease management to minimally invasive and robotic procedures to full open surgeries, we have experience in treating all heart and circulatory system disorders. We often give hope to people who may not be considered candidates for treatment elsewhere.
- We're home to the first hybrid operating room in eastern North Carolina. The hybrid OR at The East Carolina Heart Institute at ECU Health Medical Center is an operating room equipped with a sophisticated imaging system that allows physicians to perform minimally invasive cardiac and vascular procedures with greater precision than ever before. For patients, a hybrid OR means reduced recovery time, better outcomes and getting back to normal routines quicker.
- We provide quality care. We’ve earned many national recognitions and accreditations for our high standards of patient care.
- We include you as part of the team. In fact, we know that you’re the most important person on your care team. As our cardiologists, surgeons, imaging technicians, nurses and other providers work together to manage your care, we keep you and your family members informed and involved.
- We save lives. With innovative programs and procedures like our Advanced Heart Failure Clinic, Telemedicine, TAVR, Watchman, MitraClip, destination VADs, specialized pediatric cardiology and more, we’re making a difference in patients’ lives and increasing survival rates for heart disease in eastern North Carolina every day.